Our Cookies Policy
Thank you for deciding to visit us.
We want you to have the best possible experience on our website and for that reason we have written our Cookies Policy as clearly as possible.
What is a Cookie
Cookies are files which contain small amounts of information that are downloaded onto a user’s device (computer, tablet or phone) when he/she uses a website. The main purpose of a cookie is to recognise a user every time he/she accesses ASTILLEROS CANARIOS, S.A., and also allows us to improve the quality of our website and make it easier to use.
Cookies are essential for the internet to function; they do not damage a user’s computer/mobile device and, if they are active in your browser’s settings, they help us to identify and resolve possible operating errors on http://www.astican.es.
Types of Cookies
There are several types of cookies. All of them function in the same way but there are slight differences:
- Session Cookies. Session Cookies only exist during your visit to our website and are erased when you close the browser. Their main aim is to identify the type of device used and to support the security of the website and its basic functionality. They do not contain any personal data with which we could identify someone.
- Persistent or Permanent Cookies. These cookies are stored on the hard drive of the user’s device and our website reads them on each subsequent visit made to http://www.astican.es; they have a “lifetime” or certain time of expiry at the end of which they stop working. They allow us to identify your actions and preferences, analyse visits and they help us to understand how users reach our website and how we can improve our services.
- Functional Cookies. These allow http://www.astican.es to record decisions made by the user such as his login or user id. The information that these cookies collect is anonymized (i.e. they do not hold your name, address o other data).
- Third-party Cookies. Third-party cookies are cookies stored by a domain that is different to that of the website visited, for example, those used by social networks (such as Facebook) or by external content (such as Google Maps). Some publicity firms also use these types of files to track your visits to the sites in which they advertise.
- Analytical Cookies. The aim of these cookies is the periodic maintenance of the website and to guarantee the best performance and service for the user by collecting data about his/her activity.
By accessing http://www.astican.es, you expressly accept that we use these types of cookies on your devices. If you disable these cookies, your browsing on http://www.astican.es may not be optimal and some tools available on http://www.astican.es may not function correctly.
- Own cookies
- Third party Cookies
In order to remember you and offer you the best service, our site may use its own cookies (small text files which your browser stores). The advantage in accepting our cookies is that you save time. They can also be used to remember you on successive visits and in this way adapt the content which is shown to you, as well as obtain information regarding the date and time of your visits, measure traffic parameters within our own website and estimate the number of visits made. All this allows us to focus and adjust our services in the most effective way.
No cookie allows contact with your telephone number, your email address or any other means of contact. No cookie can obtain information from your hard drive or steal personal details.
Google Analytics, Google Maps and YouTube cookies
This website uses Google Analytics and Google Maps services which are supplied by Google, Inc., organization whose head office is located at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View (California), CA 94043, United States (“Google”)
- Google Maps allows us to include maps with locations on our website
User settings to avoid Cookies
In this way, you can block cookies by adjusting the settings tools of the browser or you can set your browser to inform you when a server wants to save a cookie:
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings. If you wish to know more, go to http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies and http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-ininternet-explorer-9.
- If you use Firefox, go to the Tools menu> Options > Privacy > Cookies. If you wish to know more, go to http://support.mozilla.org/es/ products/firefox/cookies.
- If you use Chrome, go to the Options section > Advanced Options >Privacy http://support.google.com/chrome/ bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- If you use Opera, you can set the browser in the Security and Privacy option. If you wish to know more, go to http://www.opera.com/help/ tutorials/security/cookies/
Please note: the information given is dated the 1st of October 2107 and, despite periodic reviewing of our current cookies policy, may, with the passing of time become incomplete.